The Shoreline Farmers Market is celebrating it’s 11th season this year alongside a highly anticipated new location. The farmers market operates seasonally June – October on Saturdays from 10am-2pm. There are an average of 45 vendors on site each week including farmers, prepared food, artisans, and community organizations. The farmers market hosts live musical performances, a Kids PoP Program, and Senior Days.
The Shoreline Farmers Market is hiring a Market Day Manager to be responsible for the operation of the market day including setup, maintenance, and break down of the market. This job is physically demanding that will take place rain or shine and requires extreme attention to detail. Working closely with the Market Director and the Market Assistant, this position will oversee the successful operation of the market day.
The ideal candidate will have previous or current Market Manger experience, be self-motivated, possess creative problem-solving skills, and create an fun workplace environment.
COMPENSATION, HOURS, BENEFITS
The Market Day Manger wage will be $22/hour plus $20 in Market Bucks for each market day. Regular work hours are typically from 6:45am-4pm on Saturdays plus 1-2 hours on Fridays, from July 9 to October 1. This is a temporary position with the flexibility to extend an additional 2 weekends,October 29th and December 17th. This is an independent contractor position.
• Provides a healthy, safe and secure market environment for volunteers, vendors, and customers.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and enforces SFM vendor rules and regulations.
• Oversees volunteers and directs volunteer tasks.
• Addresses and reports incidents appropriately.
• Performs health department checks and vendor canopy safety checks.
• Performs the roles and responsibilities of person in charge.
MARKET DAY OPERATIONS
• Works to create positive communication with vendors, sponsors, customers, staff, and volunteers.
• First and last person on site.
• Sets up and breaks down each market.
• Locks and unlocks storage container.
• Oversees the general safety of the farmers market including blocking off market perimeter.
• Monitors traffic flow.
• Maintains the market grounds, including removal of recycling, composting, and trash.
• Marks vendors stalls and arranges market layout as necessary.
• Checks in all vendors, resolves issues/needs, and ensures compliance.
• Assists Market Assistant with vendor check out, cash handling, and reimbursements.
• Takes photos/videos and documents market moments to use in the promotion of the farmers market.
• Assists Kids PoP Program Coordinator with successful execution of program.
• Alongside Market Assistant, maintains working order of the Information Tent including SNAP/EBT, WIC FMNP, merchandise sales, donations, customer questions, etc.
• Oversees successful execution of Senior Home Delivery Program and Senior Days Program.
• Tracks market day metrics.
• Provides market day report to Market Director and attends other meetings as requested.
• Pivot and adjust often and with ease.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Leads with kindness, compassion, and gratitude.
• Self-motivated with the desire to excel.
• Communicates simply and effectively via email, phone, and text.
• Confident in conflict resolution and creatively solving problems quickly and effectively.
• Passionate about farmers market, food systems, people, and community.
• Enjoys multi-tasking with a strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Manage My Market or MarketWurks a plus.
• Knowledge of market layout and maps a plus.
• Previous or current Market Management experience strongly desired.
• Work in an outdoor environment in adverse weather conditions for extended periods of time.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and access to a vehicle with the ability to transport supplies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Lift 50 pounds safely and regularly.
• Maintain a current King County Health Department Food Handlers Permit and First Aid/CPR Certification.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and brief cover letter via email to email@example.com with “Market Day Manager Application” in the subject line. Applications open until filled.
Shoreline Farmers Market, Saturdays: June - Oct
New Location: Shoreline Park & Ride, 18821 Aurora Ave N (192nd St N & Aurora Ave N)
Copyright © 2022 Shoreline Farmers Market - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy