We celebrated ten years in Shoreline, and we’re excited about what’s next!
Our mission is to bring together the Shoreline community: neighbors, local farmers, and producers. We are looking for motivated people to join our Board to work with us to plan for the future of the Shoreline Farmers Market.
“As a new Board member this year, I have been welcomed by the dedicated volunteers who make the market hum each week. As a Shoreline resident, giving back to my community through the Board is both fun and rewarding.” – Laura, SFMA Board Member
Why should you be a Board Member?
· Meet and collaborate with new people
· Contribute to your local community
· Use your skills to make a difference
What will the Board do?
In 2022, the Board will focus on:
· Finding and securing a permanent location
· Cultivating sponsorships with local businesses
· Expanding community programs
How will Board members participate?
· Attend monthly board meetings
· Participate in strategic planning & long-term solutions
· Fundraise on behalf of the board
· Attend at least two markets each summer to connect with customers and vendors
· Join special project committees
What type of commitment is required?
· Board members should expect to spend about four hours a month on market-related volunteer activities.
· Board members serve a two-year term.
Interested? Complete this quick Board Interest Form.
Questions? Contact Kara Conner, Market Director at firstname.lastname@example.org